1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Praise is also about Thanks-giving
Thanks-giving is the thread that ties all these Hebrew words “Praise”:
- Yadah: to give thanks with an extended hand
- Zamar: to praise God through an instrument
- Halal: to shine, boast, celebrate, clamorously foolish
- Barak: to kneel down, to bless God as an act of adoration
- Towda: to extend the hand in adoration
- Tehillah: the singing of halal (hallelujah)
Hebrews 13:15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice to praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
- Ainesis – Praise or Thank Offering
- Homologeo (Giving thanks) – Declare openly, speak out, to praise, to concede, to agree with
A Thankful Heart Opens Door to God’s Miracle
Give thanks to God, you will be granted Power.
- John 11:41-43 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You set Me.” Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!”
Give thanks to God, for His Provision will be Abundant
- Matthew 15:36 And he took the seven loaves and the fish and gave thanks, broke them and gave them to His disciples; and the disciples gave to the multitude.
Give thanks to God, you will be made whole (Perfection)
- Luke 17:15-19 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”
- There were 10 Lepers that were cleansed, but only one returned to give thanks to God
- He was not only healed physically, but he is also healed spiritually, and was made whole
Give thanks to God openly in every situation. This is pleasing to God. And you will be blessed