I was once serving as a regular or full time in the army as a Disciplinary master (RSM) and because of the nature of job, my heart was hardened towards God and people. In my work I did not pray to God for any protection, guidance nor dependent on Him. Instead I relied upon my own abilities and the given authority to get things done.
My healing journey with the Lord
In Oct 1979 during the peak of my career I suddenly developed a skin problem (allergy to sunlight). At this stage, I still did not turn to God for His mercy and healing but instead I depended and committed myself to seek many doctors for a cure. In March 1981 my skin condition relapsed and worsened following which I was advised to be warded in the hospital. This time I was desperate and I began to seek God for healing. I attended crusade after crusade (Christian meeting) hoping that God would give me a miracle healing. Each time when I went up for the altar call my prayer in my heart was for God to heal me so that I can go back to work and hold on to my last appointment as disciplinary master (RSM). However nothing happened. This went on for many altar calls. It was in one meeting when I came to the end of myself, I humbled myself and prayed in my heart saying, “God I surrender myself to you”. Immediately I was filled with the Holy Spirit and I began to speak in other tongues. I thank God that HE has taken out my hardened heart and gave me a new heart of love and a new spirit within me (Ezekiel 36:26). Father God certainly knows what was the best thing for me by not healing me instantly but chose to baptize me with the Holy Spirit instead, which has strengthened my spiritual being. I cannot imagine if I was to be healed instantly, I might have just returned to my last appointment as disciplinary master (RSM) and my walk with God would definitely be affected. Isaiah 55:8 NLT – My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the LORD. And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. In Jeremiah 30:17 God said that He will restore me to health and heal my wounds. Gradually I saw my skin beginning to show signs of healing. Those who knew that I had this problem can see the difference in my skin condition. Right now I have one slide to show you the difference between now and before. This slide was taken by National Skin centre for a medical case study. Today I can stand before you because of God’s Grace that He had healed my skin problem progressively.
- Hold on to the authority of God’s words and claim your healing. Don’t give up but press on.
- I want to share with you on the acronym name “HEALING” which God downloaded to me.
Now let us look into the acronym name “HEALING” It began with the first letter H.
H – Hear and meditate on the word of God
- Study and meditate on scripture verses in the Bible.
- Joshua 1:8 NLT – Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
E – Encounter with the Holy Spirit
- I praise and thank God for given me the precious gift of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. With the Spiritual gifts, my spiritual life was strengthened.
A – Associate and exercise the Spiritual Gifts
- To co-operate with the Holy Spirit when God began to reveal to me the various Spiritual Gifts and how to operate and flow with the Spirit.
L – Lean not on my own understanding but trust in the Lord
- Holy Spirit that you will immerse me in Jesus and in His Word, so that I know what pleases God.
I – Invite Him to be the Lord of my life
- I sincerely invite the Holy Spirit to commune and walk with me, at the same time be my senior partner and my best friend everyday till I meet Jesus that is “absent from the body but present with the Lord”.
N – Nothing is impossible with God
- Apply the authority of God’s Word into application in my daily life.
G – God will help me to apply what I acquire from what I learn
- As I anchor my spiritual life to this solid foundation of Jesus Christ, once laid His life and builds there on according to God’s blueprints and has a maintenance program of daily repentance.
- I can comprehend what King David said in Psalms 62:6 (web) He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress. I will not be shaken.
When ministering to the sick do remember the steps taken to the acronym name “HEALING” and always remember that you are not alone, that your senior partner The Holy Spirit will be with you all the times.