Gen 3:8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
- Adam and Eve walked with the Lord in Genesis.
- When you walk with the Lord, you don’t have to worry because he will be leading you.
- God has a plan for every one of us – our calling.
The challenge is you must have faith and see that God is holding your hand in everyday life.
- You must visualize by faith that God is with you – Holding your hands.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- You must be in agreement with God.
- You must develop a friendship with God.
- You must be obedient to God – “If you love me, keep my commandment”
When you walk with the Lord, you will always be moving and improving.
Genesis 5:22-24 After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.
When we walk with Christ, we have to put on the character of Christ – To walk in Christ.
- Walk in the Light
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- Walk in the light is to walk in purity.
- When we walk in newness of life, our old man dies and as a new man we are resurrected.
- Walk in Unity
- Ephesians 4:1-3 I, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Walk worthy of the Lord every single day.
- Walk in the Old Paths
- Jeremiah 6:16 Thus says the Lord: “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls.
- Old paths are the principles that have been established that you know works.
- Walk in the old landmarks: Educations, writing, mathematics – things that you know works.
- Establish some landmarks: Things that you do daily that wont change – pray without ceasing.