The Church exist for the preaching the Gospel
1 Corinthians 9:16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!
What is the gospel? What is salvation and are you truly saved? What a true disciple looks like?
Gospel – Euaggelion (Good tidings – Christ the Messiah)
I Thessalonians 5:10-11 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
- Wrath – Righteous judgement of God
- Salvation – Only through Jesus who died for us (John 14:6)
- Live together with Him Jesus – Everlasting life
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
The Gospel: Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and He rose again the third day
What must we do? Believe, Receive, Stand, and Hold fast.
Salvation – Sōzō (Sode-zo – To be made whole in the body, soul and spirit; to be perfected)
What is the salvation works of Jesus Christ?
Man is a tripartite being Spirit, Soul, and Body (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 4:12)
- Our Spirit is saved when believe and receive the gospel of Christ
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast
- Our Soul is being saved by means of a present continuous sanctification process
- 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God
- Our Body will be saved as we await a future redemption and resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
- Romans 8:23 Not only that, but we also who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
“My spirit has been saved, my soul is being saved, and my body will be saved”
Biblical Facts about our Salvation in Christ:
a) Salvation is a gift to receive, not works to accomplish
- Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
b) Salvation is the forgiveness of our sins
- Acts 13:38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins;
c) Salvation is the justification of faith in Christ
- Romans 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
- Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
d) Salvation is the righteousness of Christ
- Romans 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
e) Salvation is the redemption of Christ (to purchase back)
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
f) Salvation is the eternal life with Christ
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Are you truly saved?
To have assurance of salvation, to see and enter the kingdom of God, one must be born again
John 3:3-6 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
3) True Disciples
True Disciples bear fruits that last – Fruit: (karpos) fruit of trees, work, act, deed, reaped harvest
- Fruit of the Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- Fruits of the souls of men – John 15:8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
Be the Herald of the Gospel – Invest and Invite