Becoming followers of Christ through His word and in prayer, reaching the lost
Our Mission –
To Become Followers of Christ Through His Word and Share His Love to Others
Leadership: Raise leaders who bears the character and godliness of Christ.
Discipleship: Programmes are designed for people. Not people for programme! To put it simply, programmes are the means to an end but not the end.
Global Mission: We ask ourselves “What is mission?” We want to be like a magnifying glass in the mission field. Mission is about extending God’s love to a people in a land where He has sent us. We’ll focus on specific locations and keep going back to continue our work. It’s like holding a magnifying glass over an object until a fire sparks! This is what we want to achieve – to create an impact that will be deep. When lives are transformed, we’ll know that we’ve made an impact. This is why we regard ourselves as ‘Impacters” – called to be the ‘salt’ and ‘light’.
Our Values –
S • Submit to Christ and build His Leaders (not careers, position or power)
H • Help members to Love the LORD, Love one another and to impact life
E • Empower people through their spiritual gifting to serve
K • Kingdom-minded (Build HIS and not man’s kingdom)
I • Integrate multi-generations and people from different cultural backgrounds
N • Nurture future generations with godly values
A • Affirm people and above programmes, policies and ministries
H • Honour the pioneers and the seniors
Our Vision –
I’ve often been asked “There are many churches in Singapore, why then do we need another one?”
I hear comments of how churches would begin well only to turn out completely different. Over the past 20 years in ministry, I’ve witnessed churches that started humbly. But as they grew bigger, worldly goals, for example – power and status – become a distraction.
As I pondered on this, these words came with a burning passion in my heart – Guard God’s name! Not that we have the power to do so. Rather in whatever we do, God’s Name is always to be magnified and glorified! We want to start well. We also want to finish well.
This vision gave birth to Shekinah Joy.
A church that continually seeks Jesus, loves Him and one that guards His Name. One where the leaders do not play ‘god’ but truly love Christ and love one another. Our desire is to groom generation after generation of Christ followers who role-model this simple but powerful truth: “Love the LORD. Love One Another.”
- I declare that Jesus Christ is my personal Saviour; and I willingly and enthusiastically identify myself with Him and His Gospel.
- I shall endeavour to love the Lord my God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my strength and with all my mind and to love my neighbour as myself (Luke 10:27)
- I shall seek to love and support one another at Shekinah Joy Church especially the leaders.
- By the grace of God, I will give of myself in whatever ways possible through my giftings and financial ability for the expansion of His Kingdom of God through the Church.
- I understand that we are all one in the Body of Christ. Our combined role is to build God’s Kingdom and not ours. Therefore I shall guard my heart against selfish ambition, insecurity, critical spirit and jealousy and always prefer others above myself.
- I shall seek to be the salt and light of this world so that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed in words and in deeds throughout my life.
- I shall abide by the Constitution of Shekinah Joy Church.
Statement of Faith
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
We believe the Bible is God-inspired (2 Timothy 3:16 -17; 1 Peter 1:25).
- THE ETERNAL GODHEAD
We believe God is Triune: Father, Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19).
- THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare:
- His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31, 35).
- His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22).
- His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38).
- His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4).
- His exaltation to the right hand of God the Father (Acts 1:9, 11; 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1-3).
- THE PERSON OF SATAN
- We believe that Satan is a spiritual being, and he is the enemy of God and His people (Revelation 12:9; Matthew 4:1-11: 25:41; Genesis 3:1-15).
- THE SPIRITUAL DEATH OF MAN
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he died spiritually and fell from perfection (Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- THE PLAN OF SALVATION
- We believe that while we were yet sinners Jesus Christ died for us, signing the pardon of all who believe on Him (John 3:16-17; Romans 5:8; Titus 2:11-13).
- SALVATION THROUGH GRACE
- We believe that we have no righteousness of our own; but must come to God asking, and then standing in the righteousness of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8; Titus 3:5).
- REPENTANCE AND ACCEPTANCE
- We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Jesus Christ, we are justified by faith before God (1 John 1:9; 1 Peter 3:9).
- THE NEW BIRTH
- We believe that the change which takes place in the spirit, heart, and life at conversion is a very real one (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20).
- DAILY CHRISTIAN LIFE
- We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, and growing constantly in the faith (Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Peter 1:15-16).
- WATER BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER
- We believe that water baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work (Romans 6:3-14; Matthew 28:19). We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolical use of the bread and juice of the vine (1 Corinthians 11:24-32; Matthew 26:26-28).
- BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with love, power, ability to witness, and that His incoming is after the same manner as in the Bible (John 13:35; Acts 1:8; 2:4, 11; 10:44 -46; 19:6).
- THE GIFTS AND FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian; and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 4:7-11; Mark 16:15-20).
- We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead him/her into extremes of fanaticisms. (Philippians 4:5).
- DIVINE HEALING
- We believe that divine healing is the power of Jesus Christ to heal the sick in answer to the prayer of faith (James 5:14-16; Matthew 8:16-17; Isaiah 53:4-5).
- THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
- We believe that the Second Coming of Christ is personal and imminent (Acts 1:9- 11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- THE FINAL JUDGEMENT
- We believe that all shall stand some day before the judgement seat of God; and there receive eternal life or death (2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 25:46; John 5:24 – 30).
- We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment for all that reject Christ as there Savior and Lord (Matthew 25:41,46; Revelation 20:10 ,15).
- We believe that heaven is a glorious place for born-again believers (John 14:1-3; 12:26; Revelation 7:15-17).
- We believe that God has ordained the local church for the perpetuation of His truth, worship, and work in the world (Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 3:10, 21; 1 Timothy 3:15).
- CHURCH AND MINISTRY GIFTS
- We believe in a divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry that has been provided by Jesus Christ our Lord for the purpose of leading His church (Ephesians 4:11-12; Acts 14:23; 1 Corinthians 12:28-30; Hebrews 13:7, 17).
- CHURCH PURPOSE
We believe God’s scriptural plan for His church is:
- To praise and worship God, (John 4:23-24; Revelation 4:11).
- To preach and teach the gospel (Luke 24:47-49; Acts 5:42).
- To disciple – educate, train and equip believers for the work of the ministry, (Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Timothy2:2).
- To have missions and evangelize, (Mark 16:15-20; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
- To have Christian fellowship (Acts 2:42 -47; 1 John 1:3, 6-7).
- To minister to material needs (Matthew 25:34-46; Acts 6:1-7; Luke 10:25 -37).
- To help God destroy Satan’s kingdom of darkness, and to help our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ establish His kingdom of light (Romans 13:12; Ephesians 5:11).
- CHURCH AND CIVIL GOVERNMENT
- We believe that rulers should be upheld and obeyed at all times except in things opposed to the will of God (Hebrews 13:7, 17; Romans 13:1-5; Titus 3:1; 1 Peter 2:13-17).
- CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
- We believe it is our sacred duty to identify or affiliate ourselves with the visible local church of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 10:25; Luke 4:16; Acts 16:5).
- CHURCH TITHES AND OFFERING
- We believe that the method ordained of God for the support and spread of His Gospel is by giving of tithes and free-will offerings (Malachi 3:8-12; Matthew 23:23 ; 2 Corinthians 9:6-8; Luke 12:33).
- CHURCH DISCIPLE
- We believe that the Bible, the church constitution and it is bylaws give the right and authority to exercise scriptural church discipline (2 Timothy 3:16 -17; Matthew 18:15 -17; 1 Timothy 5:19-21; 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15; Romans 16:17-19).